Tuesday, January 28, 2014

You can quote me on that!

For my first post in quite some time, I was inspired by something on my Facebook feed recently to share with you all my favorite quote. I haven't thought about it in a while, but I think it will always be my favorite. Not exactly soap related (or maybe it could be??), but I am human after all, I can talk about things other than soap....occasionally.


It's good to experience the bittersweet, to taste defeat, then brush your teeth.


I guess it is rather a silly quote, but doesn't it just say so much? At the time I first heard it in a song I was struggling a great deal with where I was in life, very young and newly divorced (betcha didn't know that about me!) That was over eight long years ago, doesn't even seem like my life at all anymore, and I actually haven't listened to that song or band in ages. 

We always face difficulties and disappointments in life, whether it be personal or professional. Failure, heartbreak, missed opportunities, shame, neglecting your blog. It all kinda smarts. But I'd like to think that we learn from them, or at least learn to get over them, and eventually wash the bad taste out of our mouths and get back to forward motion.


So let's hear em, guys. Share your favorite quotes, songs, poems, whatever soothes your soul. I'm going to go hug my cat now.





1 comment:

  1. It took me a couple of hours of listening to my favorite music to figure out the answer to your posed statement. I finally decided Placebo's song, Slave to the Wage, which is a lot more uplifting than the title implies, is my go to song for soothing my soul.

    ReplyDelete