Just a peek at some of the soaps I've made over the last week or two. We've (yes, we!) been trying our hand at piping, which was a little nerve-wracking for me since I've never so much as even piped icing before! I piped the tops of two batches of soap that turned out pretty nice I think, but our attempts at cupcakes.....not so much. We'll just have to work on it some more, right??
Here is Carrot Cupcake, a long-time favorite fragrance of mine, definitely more spicey than cakey. I used cranberry and apricot seeds in the bottom to give it a bit of a spice cake look, as well as a very small amount of the top orange color ITP. In hindsight, I wish I'd had some orange colored soap on hand to shred up for the bottom to look like carrots, but I am still tickled pink with this soap--my very first piped soap!
|Washcloth made by my mommy :)|
|I felt insecure about my piping at the time.....solution was to add glitter!|
|The slight orange swirl|
My next piped soap was more of an actual design, or at least an attempt at one. I finally used some of my Cherry Blossom fragrance in CP, and I was really really happy with it! The kitchen smelled so divinely light and sweet, mmmm. I did a height-pour and spoon swirl, then a messy swirl on top before piping on sort of a lattice greenery and some little plops of flowers. The top did get a little ashy, and the loaf was extremely soft still after three days in the mold. I always seem to jinx myself when I talk about things on the blog: "Guys, check it out, my plastic storage boxes always gel my soaps!!" Next batch, no gel. Hmph!
|The natural lighting wasn't working in my favor today, |
I swear it's not really THAT bright....
|I really love this photo, the colors ready to go!|
Sorry, no cupcake photos.....
I also am really excited about the batch of Eggnog scented soap we made with goat's milk and real egg yolks. It had such a decadent and creamy texture when I poured it into the mold, and it smells absolutely wonderful! I can't wait to try this soap to see what kind of properties the egg actually added. As you can see, the fragrance oil has turned this soap very dark, but I did add some TD to the top portion.
|Here it was in the mold. I think this is one my favorite|
"wet soap" photos of mine. Mmm!
Last but not least, I have started working on some fabric flower pins for Christmas gifts. I found some really pretty fabrics at Wal-Mart for fairly cheap and thought the colors worked really well together. I also added some of the glitter tulle I already had, some fuzzy yarn and a few beads. I know it's not soap, but I was super happy with how my first one turned out and wanted to share.
Thanks for having a look, hope everyone has a great and productive weekend! (So I can have a look at all your soaps, tehe!)