Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Oh the anticipation!



Look what I've got in the mold! This was a fragrance my mom bought and was excited to try, Passionfruit Papaya from Bramble Berry. It smells pretty great, really fresh, fruity and summery, and it soaped like a dream (as us soapmakers tend to say about a fragrance oil that behaves itself while mixing in colors and such). I used BB's neon pigments Electric Bubblegum and Tangerine Wow, and hydrated green oxide, topped with iridescent pink glitter and some pearlized sprinkle thingies from the cake-decorating isle at Wal-Mart. Sooo not looking forward to trying to wash all that glitter off the mold, haha.

My mom is still learning, but I think she had a lot of fun measuring things and listening to me drone on and on about things to do and not do. (She almost stuck her hand in my bucket of lye water while randomly grabbing things, agh!)

Still playing around with new design techniques and colors, so I was a nervous wreck all the way through (even without my mom grabbing at lye haha)! No idea how this is gonna turn out on the inside, guess we'll see in a day or two!

Wish it luck!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, Laura! How fun that your mom is soaping with you, too. The fragrance sounds very nice, and the colors will go perfectly with it. Can't wait to see it cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It took some convincing for her to let me throw some green in there.

    I tried my first gradient last night too btw, with LabColors orange. It was kind of a disaster. And my silicone loaf mold bowed! I've never had that happen before. I guess it is... well-loved. :(

    ReplyDelete